Friday 21 June 2024

Oud Maracujá by Maison Crivelli



Another note found on my phone, but this time it's from November last year, so not as long ago, as SUGI.
All I remember is that it was a strong, sharp scent that I never had the need to revisit. However, I really should, because I had the same experience with Hibiscus Mahajád, which is one of my biggest prides and joys in my collection now.

From November 21st, 2023:

I am so excited to try Oud Maracuja! One, because lately, I've been craving tropical, juicy and fruity perfumes, two, because Crivelli are beast performing fragrances and I absolutely adore my Hibiscus Mahajád.

I am, however, a little weary, because the notes in Oud Maracuja are not for the faint of heart!
Leather and oud are both very strong and charismatic. The right dose will infatuate you, too much and you will be appalled. 

On paper, I am met by leather and a fruity note, immediately. The fruity note disappears quite fast and all I'm left with is the leather. I gave the paper strip another spray, and in all honesty, I am not that thrilled. All I get, is a simple, monotonous leather fragrance.

Not too excited to try this on skin, but this is how it went...


Well, and I actually never got to try it on skin! So I will have to bite my tongue and give this another go!

So continuing on, from November, Oud Maracujá, on skin, reveals a sultry note of leather. Fruitiness is not far behind and the scent opens surprisingly well. Whilst drying down, I get a hint of something sour. Not like that of maracuja (passionfruit) or another fruit, but something gone bad. We haven't entered pickle territory, but we are quite close. I was very hopeful when I sprayed it (not on my wrist, but on the inside of my elbow), because a fruity leather scent was revealed, but it quickly strayed and became weird, for a lack of another word. Something is off balance.

I just watched a Monika Cioch video where she mentioned Oud Maracujá as a luxury perfume worth every penny, but I am not at all getting the scent that she is. At all. Close to my pulse point, I get a green leather scent, void of any fruitiness. Have I had a too long of a hiatus from reviewing fragrances? I feel like my nose is broken!

I sprayed my pulse point yet again, stuck my nose immediately in (not even scared of the alcohol) and to my surprise, I got a light, airy and delicious scent. A little fruity, no leather, no alcohol, no pickle. Waiting for the scent to evolve to something bad again, I am surprised that that never happens. I am so confused. Oud Maracujá is now the scent I was hoping for, or at least expecting.

A couple of minutes in, I get some sour notes, some harshness, but not as bad as in the beginning. I'm honestly going to leave this review here, and revisit the scent once more, at some point.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig