Monday 17 October 2022

Fields of Rubus by Kerosene




Sweet, a little boozy opening with notes of smokiness. There's a fresh tobacco note that keeps the fragrance grounded and not too sweet or cloying. The sweetness is slightly fruity, but not so much so that I can identify, which fruit it is. 
After dry down, the smokiness disappears and I find out that patchouli is what made the fragrance smoky in the first place.

This is just on paper, on skin, Fields of Rubus is a rich and surprisingly juicy patchouli fragrance. It is in fact very different from any Kerosene fragrance I have tried, and I've smelled a fair few by now.
Not too long after spraying, the patchouli becomes sensually dirty and tobacco is just as prevalent. The fruitiness is just in the background adding sweetness and slight freshness to the fragrance.

Reapplying, the patchouli in the beginning is so dirty that it almost smells like dark chocolate!
After dry down, the fragrance leans more masculine on me, but in a feminine way - make that make sense!

Fields of Rubus is taking me by surprise. I did not expect any of this, but I do enjoy the ride. 





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig