Monday 24 October 2022

Wood Haven by Kerosene




Wood Haven flew under my radar when buying samples from the house of Kerosene the first time, but getting to know this house, I learned that it takes me by surprise every time. This time around, I scooped up Wood Haven and expected a deep woody fragrance that leaned more masculine, but with notes of citrus, specifically lemon, grapefruit and bergamot, I expected something light-hearted too.

On paper, Wood Haven opens with juicy and realistic citruses like that of all Kerosene citrus fragrances. Yum! The ginger and pepper is very prominent too, absolutely beautifully recognisable! I expected a deep and dark woody fragrance, but the woody notes is from cedar and vetiver, making it fresh and aromatic.
After dry down, Wood Haven is an aromatic citrus, the citruses are still the dominating notes, how? John Pegg, master of the citrus fragrances, please make a citrus amber fragrance with just a hint of vanilla!

On skin, Wood Haven has a leathery undertone from the get go. It is far more masculine, less fresh and the citrus is barely there. I find ginger and pepper being more prevalent than the citruses. A shame, if you ask me, because I absolutely adore citruses. 
After dry down, the scent is an aromatic leather, very different from what it was on paper and based on the notes. Wood Haven reacts to skin chemistry a lot. It has a light sweetness on my skin too, but it is difficult to pinpoint. The sweetness isn't gourmand, but like that of skin and warmth. 

I am a little disappointed with Wood Haven, the citruses are still so bright and prominent on paper, whereas on skin, cedar is the dominating note, but it is to be expected. The fragrance isn't called Citrus Haven after all!





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig