Monday 31 October 2022

Unforsaken by Kerosene (revisited)




Over a year ago, I tried some fragrances from the house of Kerosene for the first time. All fragrances took me by storm being charismatic, fears and unique. Follow, Unknown Pleasures, Blackmail, Broken Theories... All were a force of their own. Another scent, that seemed to be less fears and dominating than the other ones, proved to be the one I fell for the most. That fragrance was Unforsaken.

Unforsaken is as I remember (read review from back then, if you are curious). It is a white floral that I actually like, which is an accomplishment on its own, considering how much I dislike florals. From the opening, it has a fresh citrus top note, it has a tropical undertone too from the coconut and tangerine.

This is going to sound strange, but bare with me. Unforsaken doesn't smell niche to me and I know that per definition, niche means something completely different, but what I do mean is that there's nothing quirky about this fragrance. Unforsaken is how I wish designer fragrances would smell like, but unfortunately, I find them bland, too sweet or overly blended and without a trace of the notes that are in them, whereas Unforsaken is very palatable, but at the same time I can define most notes in it. Do you catch my meaning?

The difference is quality, in my opinion. Unforsaken screams quality, masterful blending and paring of notes. Chefs kiss! After hours of wear, the scent is more creamy, still floral, but so endearing and delightful. 
This is a fragrance I will keep revisiting and perhaps one day, I will add it to my collection.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig