Wednesday 2 November 2022

Semi-Modern Vetiver Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d' Orange



I finally got my hands on Fat Electrician from Etat Libre d' Orange. It wasn't easy, because though ELDO is available in Denmark, it is not all fragrances from the house, seldom those that I am interested in. 
Luckily, Lulua came to the rescue!

Airy sweetness from first spray, surprisingly delicate, but it quickly becomes cloying, sappy even, but still light. Ain't that an oxymoron!
I had to look up the notes and to my surprise, this fragrance is not unisex according to Fragrantica, but a men's perfume. That goes to show that all fragrances are unisex, it all depends on the nose sniffing.
On paper, I only get the sweet and gourmand notes. It is a nicely blended concoction of whipped cream, marron glacé, vanilla and myrrh.

On skin, I get the exact same smell as on paper, but with just the slightest hint of vetiver. Not the dusty and smoky kind, but more ethereal. Fat Electrician is milky and lactonic making me think of Milk from Commodity as it is the latest milky scent I have tried, but the ELDO scent is without the play dough undertone that I found in all Commodity fragrances. I wish the vetiver was more green, more fresh, because this is a heavily gourmand and sweet fragrance that slowly becomes too cloying for my liking.

Hours in, the fragrance has become more masculine on paper, actually. I can't point my finger as to what makes it more masculine, but an unknown note has appeared, which has a cologne DNA. 
On skin, the scent hasn't changed much. 

Days later, I can still smell the scent on the paper strip and it is delicious. I completely understand why this is so popular.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig