Wednesday 9 November 2022

Spice Must Flow by Etat Libre d' Orange



Looking at the notes, I'm not sure why I chose Spice Must Flow. I do like incense and lately I've been liking cardamom too, but rose is my most disliked note from the top of my head. Anyhow, when ordering my next set of samples, Spice Must Flow came with.

On paper, incense is up in the air immediately. The note of incense is very creamy, like that of an incense stick of sandalwood, which has not yet been lit. However, very soon, the note of rose, sour as it is to my nose, appears too. When the fragrance dries down, I get a delightful note of ginger that compliments the scent very well. The cardamom is very faint and I'm actually unsure whether I can smell it or not, or if it's the ginger. This fragrance is very well blended. I must say that I was a little concerned, but what has been revealed on paper intrigues me.

Just before spraying my wrist, I came to the realisation that Spice Must Flow reminds me of a scent I tried at Sense Dubai, something about this fragrance is quite Middle Eastern. However, I am underwhelmed by how un-spicy it is. I would rather say this fragrance is warm and creamy (not in a lactonic way), but I would never call it spicy.

Lets give it a go on my skin. Spice Must Flow is very similar on skin as it is on paper at the opening, but I would actually say that it is better. The ginger isn't more gingery, but makes the fragrance fresher, the rose is less rosy, which to me means less sour. The cardamom isn't there either (as of yet), but the incense is less prominent than on paper. 
After dry down, my excitement fizzles. Spice Must Flow is better on paper than it is on my skin, where rose has become the most dominating note. On paper, the fragrance is an amber to me, but on my skin it is a floral amber (you know, I know, we all know, I don't like florals...). Funny thing is, the aura around me is rose, rose, rose, but, the fragrance is actually more like it is on paper, when I smell my wrist! 

Spice Must Flow was a ride. I interchangeable like and dislike it, I'm still not sure...
Going back to it after a hot while, I have to say that I dislike it. The rose is just too dominating, but I like how it smells close to my wrist.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig