Monday 21 November 2022

Lovefest Burning Cherry | 48 by Kayali



Lovefest has a true and juicy cherry from the get go - just what I hoped for. The cherry note is what made me so crazy about Lost Cherry and I have been searching for it ever since. The difference is that Lovefest, though very similar, takes a turn already after dry down. The cherry isn't leading as it is throughout Lost Cherry's longevity (a propos, the longevity is short, embarrassingly so). 
Lovefest keeps reminding you of the initial cherry note, but quickly the depth of the fragrance appears and becomes the focal point. 
Lovefest has many, many notes, but the scent is very (some might say "well") blended and I don't get any specific tonka note, vetiver, praline, patchouli or guaiac wood. I wouldn't even call this a Woody fragrance, but an Amber Fruity.

Funny thing is, close to skin, Lovefest is an Amber, but up in the air around me, I still get the juicy fruitiness of the cherry. I love that it's still there.
I don't get any note of anything burnt, though it is implied in the name and the sales assistant told me that it had that note compared to Lost Cherry.
Just before I go on with the rest of my day, I feel like reapplying, I don't find Lovefest that strong...

After 6 hours or so, the scent was barely there... Though it has a tremendously longer longevity than Lost Cherry by Tom Ford, I have to admit, shyly, that I have a Lost Cherry dupe by Vault Essences that is absolutely mouthwatering and has an insane sillage and longevity. I would prefer having a Kayali scent than an obvious rip-off, but alas, the rip-off is by far the best performing fragrance of them all.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig