Monday 7 November 2022

Mystic Sugar by Coreterno



I have been very excited about trying Mystic Sugar from Coreterno. First of, yes, the notes are absolutely mouthwatering, but have you seen the bottle? Swoon! 

Black and gold is always a good idea, but the Gothic twist is just the icing on the cake. Speaking of cake, Mystic Sugar is an ambery vanilla fragrance. I get a creaminess from sandalwood without the characteristics of sandalwood. Sweetness from vanilla without the typical vanilla scent. Mystic Sugar is truly mystical. 
On paper, I haven't been able to smell the pineapple or even the ginger. Maybe just the slightest idea of pineapple is there, but the fragrance is mostly an amber.

On skin, I do get a juicy pineapple scent! It is not tart, but sweet and is not like that of Lamar, but realistic nonetheless. After the fragrance dries down, the note of pineapple is gone. Mystic Sugar becomes an amber yet again and reminds me of Gold and Milk by Commodity. Milk without the lactonic note and just the DNA of Gold. 

I had high expectations for Mystic Sugar and don't get me wrong, the fragrance is good, but I'm not compelled to break the bank and purchase it. 
I have difficulty describing it beyond being an amber vanilla. It is creamy, warm without being spicy, skin-like, pleasant. 

I hoped to add this to my collection just for the look, but I think I'll skip this one.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig