Tuesday 21 December 2021

Poison by Dior

Photosource: Atmospheric Predecessor



Poison by Dior is one of the fragrances I remember seeing in stores back when I started wearing perfumes. Back then I opted for Cacharel Amor Amor (that one is a story of it's own), but Dior was far too expensive for me to even reach for and just get to know it.

~

Since reviewing fragrances other than my own, I have become very curious with the classics, which is how I got here, to review Poison.

Poison opens with a light rose on paper, a very floral fragrance. On my skin, the scent mixes with my chemistry into a much more powdery scent.
It is very floral, a powdery tuberose.

Poison is very difficult for me to describe in notes, all I am capable of, is describing it as a rosy floral, sweet, with bitter undertones like sticking your nose into a flower and smelling the pollen. I would not at all call it fruity, my nose does not pick up either plum or wild berries. Poison is dense with flowers, like standing in a flower shop specifically in winter where there are mostly roses and not spring florals.
Maybe I went too far with the amount I put on, because the fragrance is headache inducing, but I don't think it's the case.

~

Poison by Dior is a classic since 1985, but my nose interpretes this fragrance as very soapy, like a bar of Dove soap, which gives it a cheap quality.
A little joke aside, but to all my Polish followers sing with me "Aaaa mydełko Fa!". 

The scent is so pungent that I have a lump of odor in my throat. Someone on Fragrantica called Poison an "80s nightmare in a bottle", a nightmare it is not, but it's not a dream I would like to revisit any time soon.

To be frank, I am quite puzzled by this fragrance. Why was this ever a classic? Care to share a comment below?
I will never not be biased when it comes to floral fragrances, especially rose.
I do not like them, unless another olfactory family is the main accord, but I think I am capable of appreciating them nonetheless when exploring a fragrance.
However, Poison by Dior simply isn't the one for me, at least my curiosity has been satiated!





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig