Friday 10 December 2021

Gris Clair by Serge Lutens

Photosource: Elena Maxwell, Fragrantica


Gris Clair was sent to me by Lulua along with my order. I have seen Serge Lutens fragrances in the community, but I had never seen them in stores, so I was pleasantly surprised to be able to try something from this house.

~

A strong aromatic scent of lavender spread in my room at first spray. Gris Clair is very herbal and instantly reminded me of Telegrama by Imaginary Authors. The fragrance is so clean at first that it reminded me more of an air refresher, but not in a bad way. However, though still very aromatic on paper, Gris Clair instantly transformed into a warm fragrance on my skin. An absolutely delicious surprise!
Something about this fragrance reminds me of camping when I was just about six or seven years old. It smells like sitting inside the caravan in the middle of the woods with my sister and parents in the hot Polish summer, but while it is raining outside. 

~

Gris Clair is very different from any of the fragrances I have tried lately, a breath of fresh air. Lavender is barely present after dry down, but nonetheless detectable. The fragrance has an aromatic note other than lavender that I cannot pinpoint. Tonka and amber are what makes this fragrance so warm and inviting. I am not sure about incense or iris, they do not seem to appear at any point, neither after oxidation. 

~

After consideration, Gris Clair smells like entering a luxury decor shop, fresh lavender potpourri, linen, clean notes, a sweet scented candle burning in the corner, nothing over the top. Elegant.
I really adore Gris Clair, a perfect stepping stone into the fragrance house of Serge Lutens, but my first impression is also that it isn't as potent as I like my fragrances to be. The longevity was about one hour, now I can only smell it close to my skin.
The scent is divine though and I would love to add this to my collection.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig