Tuesday 14 December 2021

Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)



Santal Carmin is a tempting, deep saffron fragrance by the house of Atelier Cologne. The fragrance is gorgeously smooth, soft, yet with a strong character.
Though I have had this fragrance in my collection for some time, I haven't worn it a whole lot. Santal Carmin is everything I want it to be, but something is amiss.

~

On paper, Santal Carmin opens with an uplifting bergamot and lime, the fragrance is absolutely delicious slowly inviting in saffron and becoming deep, enticing and slightly leathery. However, on skin, the fragrance has a different story.
Santal Carmin opens with a stronger, more spearing citrus that quickly disappears unlike on paper, where it lingers and remains throughout the dry down time. 
Saffron is definitely dominant with sandalwood carrying the fragrance along with guaiac wood and a sweet undertone of musk. Though saffron is the main accord, the fragrance remains warm and inviting without being too harsh on the nose or overpowering.

~

So how come I don't wear it so much? Honestly, I do not know. It is as if every time I do, I do not feel like it matches my mood. I love it in theory, deep, enticing, rich and smooth Santal Carmin is difficult not to love, but every time I am about to douse myself in it, it becomes my second choice and I opt for something else.
The fragrance is perhaps just too cloying for me.







Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig