Wednesday 9 March 2022

Bois d'Ébéne by Matiere Premiere

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


After my surprising experience with Radical Rose, I was ready to get back to normal when trying Bois d'Èbéne. Expecting a woody green fragrance, I was twice in a row surprised by the house of Matiere Premiere.

~

Bois d'Èbéne has a sweet, pleasant, woody and unisex opening. A note of smoke slowly creeps to the surface turning the scent to a more masculine fragrance, but it is still very wearable and elegant.

With Bois d'Èbéne we are, however, back to the profile of Matiere Premiere; easy, likable fragrances. Something about it, once again, reminds me of another fragrance, but I cannot remember which. It must be the patchouli, which I finally have learned to identify.

~

I loved Radical Rose for the surprise that it gave me, but Bois d'Èbéne is far more my style and the composition I usually lean towards. Deep, mysterious, sexy.

On paper, the fragrance is aromatic with a clear note of juniper that did not appear on my skin at all. This profile turns the fragrance completely masculine to me smelling like a fresh cologne.

Another characteristic I've notice about Matiere Premiere, is that the fragrances are very faint. Maybe my nose gets used to them very quickly, but I am lacking the sillage. I feel like I would have liked them more if I could actually smell them on me, but they remain an ambiance in the background during the day.

~

A little anecdote I would like to add is that I visited my parents and my mom immediately complimented my fragrance and exclaimed "what are you wearing!?". Upon second thought, Bois d'Èbéne is actually a fragrance I would consider adding to my collection. I have a few fragrances with the same scent profile, but this fragrance is absolutely lovely and compliments are always welcome!

Because I own some fragrances that I absolutely adore, but they do not get the same reaction from my dearest.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig