Friday 25 March 2022

A Whiff of Waffle Cone by Imaginary Authors

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)

I instantaneously get a sweetness that characterises the house of Imaginary Authors. Oh how I've missed exploring a fragrance like this!

I must say that I was expecting something sickenly sweet considering the notes of syrup, ice cream, heavy cream, vanilla and salted caramel. A Whiff of Waffle Cone is sweet, there's no doubt about that, but it is surprisingly wearable. The fragrance isn't even juvenile or childish, which to me is complete magic in itself. Though I've had some rough experiences with fragrances from Imaginary Authors lately (ie. The Cobra & The Canary and Whispered Myths) I am back to what drew me to this absolutely amazing house!

~

One thing about A Whiff of Waffle Cone that I didn't expect from Imaginary Authors, is how fleeting it is. I gave it a good go with a couple of sprays on my wrist, but half an hour in and it's just a lingering scent. I have been wondering for some time whether it's my skin pH and chemistry, because longevity or more precisely the lack thereof of fragrances is something I experience a lot. However, Memoirs of A Trespasser is an absolute beast on me. The same goes for Unknown Pleasures, Davana & Vanille and many other fragrances in my collection. 

Mentioning Memoirs of A Trespasser, I have say that A Whiff of Waffle Cone reminds me of it a lot. It is just without the scent of smoke and depth, but rather that of slightly burned caramel. I would almost say that it's a spring edition of the wintery Memoirs of A Trespasser!

~

Back to the review, A Whiff of Waffle Cone has a fresh opening with a delicate syrup sweetness. Only after some minutes does the aroma of vanilla change the character of the sweetness and a very mild note of caramel, slightly burned, appears.

On paper, A Whiff of Waffle Cone has a citrus opening, which is quite surprising. It has the same balance of citrus and sweet as Davana & Vanille Bourbon that doesn't oxidise away, but stays as the core body of the fragrance. Dare I say that it is absolutely scrumptious! 

~

Unfortunately this fragrance is limited to Salt & Straw and I won't be paying the taxes and fees that come along with a overseas purchases. This fragrance will be missed, but I'll have Memoirs of A Trespasser in the winter and Davana & Vanille Bourbon in the summer to keep me company,






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig