Wednesday 23 March 2022

Si Passione Éclat by Giorgio Armani

 

Photosource: Nice Hair

A lovely fresh and luxurious laundry detergent. Though Si Passione Éclat reminds me of Si Passione, Éclat does not have a cheap soapy quality about it, just a slight detergent vibe. I have noticed that I always describe floral fragrances as soapy or as a cleaning detergent, maybe it's because most of the soaps in my childhood were florals. Have we finally found the reason for my floral hatred?

~

After dry down, musk is far more prevalent and Éclat gains a more sophisticated profile than Si Passione. It is, however, still a floral, which is composed in such a way that I don't like it or rather wouldn't like to wear it. I see myself liking this on other people, though. There's a slight woodiness and powderiness that I would have loved more of and if citrus was more in the forefront, this might even have been a fragrance I would have added to my collection.

~

Éclat doesn't have a strong lasting power on me and after an hour or so, I have to sniff my wrist quite closely to add thoughts to my review.

I reapplied the fragrance a couple of times, and I have to say that the opening notes are mesmerising. A definite note of rose that isn't too overpowering, but also a fresh juicy citrus, something fresh, almost aldehydic that soon disappears and I am left, yet again, with a generic fragrance.

What a shame. 

Si Passione Éclat is more than just Si Passione rebooted, but the fragrance has much to be desired for it to be memorable and after this review, Si Passione Éclat will be forgotten like many of the other famous fragrances I have reviewed.









Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig