Thursday 31 March 2022

Oud for Greatness by Initio

Photosource: Creme de la Creme


I know I'm late to the party, but better late than never!
First off, if I saw this fragrance on its own, I would never have gravitated towards it.
The composition of notes just wouldn't make me think that it's a sweet, creamy scent like it is.

~

I had the exact same experience with Baccarat Rouge 540, everyone was praising it, but when I saw the composition of notes, I thought it wasn't for me.
After numerous reviews saying how sexy, smooth and creamy BR540 is, I had to try it. And it was, it really was.

~

I had the exact same experience with Oud for Greatness. Many praising words and a composition that sounded completely off to me. However, upon inspection, the two, Oud for Greatness and Baccarat Rouge, seemed very alike. Not note by note, but saffron at the top note of both, musk in one and ambergris in the other, cedar in BR540 and oud in Oud for Greatness. Notes that are different from each other, but at the same time somehow similar.
Now, with the sample in hand, Oud for Greatness is the same, buttery smooth, liquid gold fragrance as was BR540!

~

On paper, Oud for Greatness has the same opening as BR540, but after some oxidation, the scent turns more green and light, even fresh. Correct me if I'm wrong, but almost like a fougere? (I am still learning about olfactory families).


On skin, the fragrance has a BR vibe as base, but it is topped with more woody and aromatic notes. And it is far more masculine.
A much more prominent note of fir is at the front of this fragrance, even though fir is not in the stated composition, it is stated in BR540, though! 
This fragrance is absolutely beautiful, though BR540 is more feminine, Oud for Greatness becomes just as elegant in a matter of a couple of hours. Saffron is still at the top and I keep smelling it on myself and loving every minute of it!
I must admit that I do love my BR540, but I experience a blindness to it, and I just might find myself wanting to swap it for this one...






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig