Monday 21 March 2022

She Shihan by Piotr Czarnecki

Photosource: GourmandyAndy


The other day I wore the last drop I had left of Venom of Angel by Piotr Czarnecki. It reminded me that I had yet to review She Shihan, which is a very interesting fragrance to say the least!

~

She Shihan is a bursting floral that quickly gains a soap quality on my skin, just after a minute or two. Though the fragrance is an Amber Vanilla fragrance, the rose is very prominent. Just like Venom of Angel, She Shihan is a complete enigma of a scent! The notes are so well blended, but they each peek through now and again, confusing my nose throughout the whole oxidation time. I smell something chocolaty, then a slight bitter coffee bean, definitely something floral, but also a vanilla sweet and fruity note.

~

On paper, She Shihan is far more fruity and light. Plum is definitely in the forefront, lead by ever so slight notes of tobacco leaves, myrrh, labdanum and whiskey. 

I found an old review I made back in June 2021 where I did not get any of the notes stated above, which shows me how much I have learned just after one year in the fragrance community!

I quote: "Strong feminine opening, too generic for my liking. Rose, heavy musk and myrrh. A slight pepper undertone. I don't smell plum, whiskey or coffee, which is a shame, I would have loved that. This fragrance has a lot more character on paper, I prefer it with it's fresher profile and more airy notes."


With the last part, I agree.

~

After dry down, Shi Shihan is a delicate sweet floral fragrance. It is very pleasant and the type of floral I see myself wearing. After reapplying, much later during the day, the fragrance leaves a very special sweet, spicy, plastic-like scent in the room. 

~

My closing thought is that She Shihan is a very balanced fragrance. Sweet, slightly floral, slightly spicy and rich, but not too cloying. It might be a fragrance that I have to revisit, but for now I am good without.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig