Wednesday 30 March 2022

Sable Fauve by Yves Rocher

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


Amber, vanilla, warm spicy, sweet, balsamic. Sable Fauve should be right up my alley, but I am so happy that I blind bought this fragrance in a small bottle. Though it isn't bad, it is just so forgettable that I won't be reaching for it, at all. 

~

When I was inspired to purchase the Yves Rocher perfumes it was solely based on reviews, mostly Sebastian's from The Perfume Guy. I don't have an Yves Rocher store locally where I could try them out first. And I was contemplating whether to buy Sable Fauve or Nouveau Genre in a small and the other in a big bottle. I am so happy that I made the right choice!

~

Sable Fauve is an ambery and sweet fragrance, but nothing stands out, no small amount of spice, no surprising note from a citrus, nothing giving it a depth like some leather or incense could do. It is a linear fragrance of tonka, benzoin and labdanum. I am actually at a loss for words, I don't think I have anything else to say about it. Maybe, that this is so light that it can still be worn in spring and summer, despite the fragrance family that it belongs to. It might even be a good layering fragrance for those that would like to add sweetness without prominent notes of e.g. vanilla, syrup or maple. Sable Fauve doesn't carry a prominent sweetness of tonka or definable note of labdanum, it is in fact just the smell of sweet. This fragrance is so faint that I wore Musc Ravageur the same day and no memory or scent of Sable Fauve was left on my skin.

~

Skin chemistry has a lot to say, so this one might just not work for me, which is why it won't stay in my collection. However, I feel less like a spendthrift about purchasing Cuir de Nuit, which was also on my radar...

One last remark is that on paper the fragrance is fairly lighter, even with a citrus kick, and the scent is considerably more men's cologne like. It is too light and almost like an eau de fraiche.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig