Thursday 24 March 2022

Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


Lately, I have been quite stressed about getting through my winter sample fragrances in time. Spring is just around the corner and I have been looking forward to wearing my spring go-tos and trying out my spring appropriate samples. 

I am afraid that I won't get through in time, because the list is long, all I can do is just start from the beginning.

~

Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle is absolutely delicious. Straight from the opening notes, it is a deep, sensual, spicy fragrance. From afar, my nose catches a mouthwatering gourmand vanilla, but up close the notes of cloves and cinnamon dominate for a long while.

After my mediocre voyage through Matiere Premiere fragrances and then terrible bumps through the two Si Passione fragrances by Giorgio Armani, Musc Ravageur feels like a saviour!

~

After dry down, Musc Ravageur reveals the top notes after the exposé of the middle notes, which is quite peculiar. I get hints of citrus, but not as fresh and sour as it sounds, and also lavender, but just a hint. Musk and tonka overpower the vanilla, which now is slightly more in the background. I must say, that I do prefer the scent profile in the first couple of minutes.

~

An hour or so in, all the prominent spices are gone, vanilla too, but Musc Ravageur remains sweet, deep and slightly spicy. 

Later in the day, the fragrance is a close-to-skin elegantly sweet scent.

I am so happy that I own a small flacon of this fragrance rather than a tiny sample. The scent profile of this fragrance is right up my alley, but I have so many in that category that it isn't quite purchase-worthy for me, but I am looking forward to wearing it when the weather starts getting colder again.







Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig