Tuesday 29 March 2022

Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


Almost two decades ago, my small pocket money only allowed me to buy celebrity fragrances on sale and of course, Yves Rocher. I cannot for the life of me remember which ones beside Flower Party I have had, but Flower Party was a simple floral, nothing to remember it by. Since venturing into fragrances, I have steered clear from Yves Rocher fragrances remembering them as being very floral and very simple.

~

A couple of years ago, I was gifted Mon Evidence, which has its own story of neglect. I learned to love that fragrance, but I still had no hopes for the other fragrances of Yves Rocher.

~

Their new collection came to my attention when joining the fragrance community and after watching and reading many reviews, I blind bought Nouveau Genre and Sable Fauve.

~

Nouveau Genre instantaneously begins to transform into a fragrance that made me think of Unknown Pleasures by Kerosene. When trying Nouveau Genre for the first time, I immediately thought of a Kerosene fragrance, but I struggled to pinpoint which. After another wear, I was certain that it was my dear Unknown Pleasures though in a different vail. 

Nouveau Genre, close to the skin, is a pure raw honey fragrance, sweet, but also naturally sour. From a distance, it flutters between a fresh note of citrus, a slight note of tea and a delicious sweetness. This is why it reminds me so much of Unknown Pleasures, Nouveau Genre is a milder, more muted interpretation of the wonderfully beasty Kerosene fragrance. I only wish that this fragrance had a longer lasting power.

On paper, Nouveau Genre is a fresh and woody fragrance with a strong patchouli note. It is very similar to how it is on skin, but without the honey depth.

~

I do not feel confident yet when it comes to patchouli, but from the descriptions of other fragrance enthusiasts I guess Nouveau Genre is a woodsy patchouli fragrance.
My friends always say "oh, you are wearing that delicious coconut perfume" when I'm wearing Unknown Pleasures, I do not smell coconut at all, but I've been reading and viewing reviews of Nouveau Genre and some say that they smell coconut in that too. That's such a puzzle to me! It might be the tonka? Have you tried it? How would you describe Nouveau Genre by Yves Rocher?







Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig