Monday 23 May 2022

Expressive Book by Commodity

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


Let me start by saying that sitting here with the Commodity discovery set, the pamphlet, the paper strips with the fragrance names on them, feels so exciting, almost like a school assignment! 

So, I think I'll start off this journey with the aptly named scent, Book.

Let me preface by saying that the whole discovery set, when opened, has an enticing smell. Almost like that of BR540; creamy, velvety, just delicious.

Before reading the notes in the pamphlet, Book, to me, has a fresh opening note. Not quite like that of citrus, just a tad, but of a freshly cleaned bathroom. The clean note isn't harsh or chemical, but smooth and inviting, like that of air dried laundry.

For some reason the name "Book" made me think of old books, stale and dusty in their scent, but the fragrance is more like that of a new book, crisp and fresh. Over time the fragrance warms up, but it is still very refreshing and not heavy, like I thought it would be.
After a proper dry down, still just on paper, Book becomes quite masculine-leaning, almost like a cologne. Not a teenage cologne, not a designer fragrance in-your-face-cologne, but a sophisticated and elegant one.

~

Before spraying it on myself, I did take a sneak peak of the notes and I definitely get eucalyptus at top! However, almost immediately, a deep amber and musk appear, which hasn't even shown up on the paper strip yet. I also get a nice amount of cedarwood.
Book goes through quick phases and right now, from the fresh cedar and warm amber, I am getting rich amyris and a slight hint of sandalwood.
This fragrance is just like reading a book! It tells a story and switches up on you now and again.

After complete oxidation, Book lingers like a story after a finished read (I'm just dishing out those metaphors). It is warm and comforting, not like I would have imagined a book-inspired fragrance to smell like, but it creates the same comforting illusion as sitting on a soft old couch reading an exciting story.

~

Though lovely and enjoyable, I must say that I find Book to be too faint. It disappears on me, but it is a gorgeously blended fragrance. I can smell it on me close to the wrist, where it really shines. This is a very good start and I cannot wait to continue exploring!






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig