Tuesday 24 May 2022

Expressive Paper by Commodity

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


 "Come on now kids, school is still in session! Bring in your assignments.
It's time to get it on Paper!"

Transitioning from Book to Paper, I am expecting a dry and powdery fragrance. 

~

On paper, Paper is smooth, warm, sensual, deep and everything I love in fragrances like these. The fragrance loses some of that deepness soon after spraying. And two minutes in, the fragrance has largely disappeared, what is left is a mild note that is light, somewhat synthetic, but still ambery. For some reason it reminds me of the smell of a plastic doll head. We are not off to a good start.

~

On skin, however, the fragrance surprisingly doesn't have the same amber opening that was smooth, warm and sensual. It is in fact more like the dry down, synthetic and harsh. Oof! A minute or two in, Paper has largely disappeared once again, but according to the Commodity pamphlet it was to be expected. I quote "Paper celebrates sandalwood as a skin scent thanks to Iso E Super. The Iso E Super plays off the natural scent of one's skin for a soft sandalwood trail that is truly unique", so I'm getting Zarkoperfumes molecule flashbacks!

~

After complete oxidation, Paper is just but a hint on my skin of something slightly ambery. On paper, it is gone. However, I couldn't smell Molecule 234.38 on myself either, whereas others could, so my nose might be blind to the whole Iso E Super magic.

Besides the slight plastic note, Paper smells like nothing to me, ironically, basically of paper. 






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig