Thursday 19 May 2022

Walk the Sea by Kerosene

 

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


Walk the Sea is not new to me, back when I discovered the house of Kerosene I went full speed and ordered any sample I could get my hands on.
One of them was Walk the Sea. My expectations were high, because I was hungry for a fragrance that had a realistic note of salt in it. Olympéa by Paco Rabanne and Wood Sage & Sea Salt by Jo Malone had already disappointed me.
I remember that Walk the Sea wasn't as salty as I wanted it to be, but I also found it floral rather than marine back then. Revisiting it is quite exciting, because I have had very different experiences with fragrances after revisiting them now that my journey in the fragrance world has been going on for a hot while.

~

Walk the Sea smells like warm sand, it is deep and ambiguous in its scent. Quickly, a white floral fragrance appears and it reminds me a lot of Monoi by Yves Rocher. So much so that I am convinced Walk the Sea is based on tiare.
The ambergris is dominating, yet subtle. I think it's because there are so few notes to detect in this fragrance.
I would dare to call it an animalic floral, if that's even a thing. Is Walk the Sea salty then? Not really, so I am!

~

Walt the Sea has an ever so slight note of salt, because of its ambergris and warm sand fragrance. The note of salt is more an idea and illusion than an actual note.

I have been looking for a spring to summer fragrance, and I must say that this is a great candidate. It is warm, somewhat sweet, but not too much so that it becomes too summery. Walk the Sea is a very pleasant scent that I find many would like. All day, I could sense the ambergris around me and I wouldn't mind smelling like this in spring.





Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig