Monday 2 May 2022

Iris Prima by Penhaligon's

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)

Iris Prima was to me a wild bet. I have not had the opportunity to get to know Penhaligon's properly. Once in a rush, I was in a store in Warsaw where I hastily smelled some of the fragrances from the Trade Routes collection.

Some weeks ago, I purchased a set of samples from the Portraits Collection, but Iris Prima I bought blindly in a hasty decision swayed by free shipping and a wonderful price, because it was pre-loved.

~

A fresh citrus opening and you KNOW how much I love my citruses! Suede doesn't take long to creep in and it gives Iris Prima a deep and masculine touch. Oh how I love the contrast of the bergamot with something as rich as leather!

Iris Prima was a blind buy and I was terrified of its iris and leather base, but the way people described this fragrance had me so mesmerised and intrigued. I am so happy and so lucky that the wonderful potion from Penhaligon's is an absolute dream.

~

Soft, elegant, round, mild, yet rich with suede and benzoin. Iris Prima is a feminine and elegant fragrance that shines on the cusp of a warmer spring.

I must say that I am not strong in identifying the scent of iris. I am actually not sure whether I have ever smelled a real iris before. I humble myself and must admit that I do not know whether the iris in Iris Prima is strong or not.

What I can say, is that Iris Prima is a magnificent scent. Creamy, slightly powdery musk with woody notes. I do not find it too intense, but my partner found it very rough, which I experience a lot with friends and family, who are not into fragrances like I am. 

This fragrance is gorgeous and elegant, and what I associate the house of Penhaligon's with. I cannot wait to explore my Portraits sample set and get to know it even more.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig