Thursday 26 May 2022

Expressive Milk by Commodity

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)

"After a long day of fun outside full of adventures in the woods, we have come home to a plate of cookies and a glass of Milk."

Milk and Gold are the main reasons why I was so curious to try Commodity fragrances and I must say that just after one spray on paper, I know I'm going to love Milk!

Sweet and creamy, like vanilla ice cream, but warm and cozy, like a baked dessert, Milk is a delicious gourmand amber. I wouldn't say that the milk note is too lactonic, it just makes the scent perfectly creamy.

~

On skin, I don't even need to smell my wrists, I can smell the velvety, creamy sweetness from afar. I would prefer to start comparing Milk to other fragrances at the end of the review, but I just have to say that Milk is the same type of fragrance as A Whiff of Waffle Cone from Imaginary Authors (and to my dismay, I cannot get my hands on AWOWC, so Milk might step in instead).

~

After dry down, Milk acts just like the previous fragrances I have reviewed from Commodity, quite mild and mostly close to the skin. I would have never thought I should have gotten the Bold series instead of Expressive!

~

How do I describe Milk without making it sound too edible? Imagine warming up some milk, not skimmed, but full fat, from a local milkman. You sprinkle in some vanilla bean, maybe about half a pod, and then, to sweeten it up, a marshmallow or two. But here's the twist! It's not too gourmand, it's not too sweet or cloying. Milk is just right!

And the thing is, Milk sounds like it would be an autumn and winter fragrance only, but it is actually quite wearable for spring too. Even on cold summer nights.

~

Milk is very similar on paper as on skin, just lighter of course. 

One thought I do have is that I absolutely love this fragrance and would love to have it, but I'm wondering how often I am going to reach for it. It's not that the scent is juvenile, surprisingly not at all, but it is a sweet sweet scent. Do I want to walk around and smell like cupcakes?


The answer is yes, yes I do. I could smell myself all day, faintly, but still and it was absolutely lovely.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig