Monday 16 May 2022

Molécule 234.38 by Zarkoperfumes

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)

A couple of days ago I reviewed Youth by Zarkoperfumes and I only found it proper, to let you know about Molécule 234.38 too. Why? Because it is one of those fragrances that are too special and interesting to pass by. Juliette Has A Gun has been on my feed for a hot while and I don't know why, but I couldn't be less interested. The bottle designs do not appeal to me, the ones I have smelled haven't interested me in the slightest, the only thing I do recall is that Juliette Has A Gun also has a molecule fragrance. I went off on a tangent for no reason, but I just wanted to let people know, that if you can't get your hands on Molécule 234.38, that JHAG also has an option.

~

Anywho, in the words of the brand itself: “MOLéCULE 234.38 is based on one, big molecule as the dominating ingredient. The molecule interacts with ones own pheromones - in a sense making it more of a phenomenon than an actual fragrance. The composition of the molecule, as well as it's weight, corresponds with the temperature of body and surroundings, making it an active part of the fragrance. The fragrance will evolve and retract continuously over a period of ten hours. The main challenge in creating this phenomenon, was to combine completely contradictory molecules, that when combined adapts to the person wearing it - the person's state of mind, physical condition, and the surroundings. This deeply personal interaction creates a highly sensual fragrance that is as unique, and as lovely, as each person wearing it. A love affair of a lifetime”

If that doesn't sound interesting, and slightly ego-trippy (a fragrance that smells special to me and no one can smell the same? Ego boosted!) than I don't know what is! So how did it smell on me? Let's go...

~

At first spray, or should I start by saying that straight from the decanter, Molécule 234.38 doesn't have any smell at all. When on skin, the fragrance starts to appear. On me, it gets a very Baccarat Rouge 540-esque vibe. I get some fir and some smooth velvety notes, but not even half a minute in, the fragrance is elusive. It is in fact gone. I cannot smell anything besides that elusive hint of BR540 somewhere in the air, but sniffing my wrist, there is nothing there!

~

I let the fragrance do its magic. According to Zarko, the fragrance retracts and evolves continuously over a period of ten hours. Where I'm at in my cycle also determines this fragrance, which makes this review obsolete in about a week. After dry down, Molécule 234.38 remains an elusive version of BR540 or even Oud for Greatness, something in between. However, it is as if I put one of those fragrances on and quickly washed it off. What's left is just the hint that it was there.

Molécule 234.38 is just as elusive as my photo - I had the Youth bottle at hand and just a sample of Molécule 234.38, so I hid the name and boom, you might think it's Molécule 234.38!

After hours of wear, nothing changes, the scent remains a faint hint at BR540. However, my co-worker said she could distinctly smell fragrance on me and that it was lovely, but she doesn't know BR540 and I couldn't tell me if it smelled the same to her too.

It is part of the molecule magic, but I need to smell my own perfume, which is why Molécule 234.38 is a pass.







Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig