Friday 27 May 2022

Expressive Velvet by Commodity

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


 "Our bellies full, we've stumbled off the kitchen chair and laid ourselves on auntie's old couch draped with Velvet.".

Velvet has the same mouthwatering sweetness as did Milk. They are quite similar on paper, but the sweetness soon fades into the background in Velvet and the warmth is left almost alone. However, a surprising note suddenly appears. After dry down, a hint of rose mingles with the creaminess of vanilla bean and amber. Though you know my stance on rose, I must say that it is doing something good for Velvet. Without the rose, it would feel like a copy of Milk.
That's all on paper, though, so how does it perform on skin?

~

On skin, Velvet opens with the same sweetness as on paper, but I also get a hint of rose already and a deep contrasting smokiness. And that's all before dry down!

~

After Velvet has dried off, it has a rich leather or maybe even suede undertone that dominates it. A completely different fragrance than on paper!

It leans definitely masculine and at this stage, it should be called Leather if you ask me. This fragrance reminds me of something else, some fragrance that I have reviewed not long ago. The more I try to reach for a memory of which perfume it was, the more I cannot grasp it, so let's put it vaguely - it reminds me of an Imaginary Authors perfume (maybe Whispered Myths) or a Beaufort London perfume (maybe Coeur de Noir) or even a Kerosene (maybe Broken Theories), but I digress!

~

Velvet is hard for me to like or dislike, I think it's beautiful, but on skin it suits autumn and winter more, whereas on paper it is a wonderful spring fragrance! 

The reason why I think I love it, is because it resembles so many fragrances I like. Call me crazy, but I even get a hint of By the Fireplace just less sweet, less woody, more sour, like the smell of burnt wood.

I could smell it on me all day at work and the sillage was perfectly subtle. Velvet was a beautiful reminder of itself all day.

Commodity, you are teasing me!






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig