Wednesday 18 May 2022

Thé Yulong by Armani Privé

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


I've always had a desire to find the perfect tea fragrance. I have tried Oolang Infini from Atelier Cologne; I have, in my collection, Thé Blanc from Collines de Provence, but I haven't been satisfied. Oolang Infini wasn't it for me and Thé Blanc is unfortunately not that long lasting. I've tried many tea scents, but I was inspired to try Thé Yulong from Armani due to a praising review, but it was Soie de Nacre, a different flanker of Thé Yulong. It was a risk I was willing to take.

~

Thé Yulong, on paper, has a juicy, but also tangy note of citrus. Not quite mandarin, as stated in the composition, but after dry down the citrus loses its tanginess and becomes more like tangerine or orange rather than lemon or lime. The tea note is not as prominent as I thought it would be, but it is green and creates an illusion of smelling a freshly brewed iced tea. It does, however, miss the sweetness that Thé Blanc has. Thé Yulong is a skinny version of a sweet tea!
Surprisingly, over time, the scent becomes sweeter.

~

On skin, the fragrance is just like on paper - a fresh citrus with green notes. For some reason, I am more aware of how generic this fragrance is, almost like an air refreshener. No depth or sweetness balances Thé Yulong to make it more rich or likable. It is flat and boring. After dry down and a couple of hours in, Thé Yulong has a slight sweetness from jasmin and remains quite green. 

~

I don't know how, but I've missed the fact that Thé Yulong is an eau de toilette and not an eau de parfum! 
After dry down, on paper, the fragrance loses its natural notes and smells quite synthetic. On skin it is very faint and is an unisex green scent that is very inoffensive. I cannot imagine anyone disliking it, but there is nothing to love either.
Unfortunately, this fragrance is not what I expected and my search for the perfect spring to summer scent continuous. 




Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig