Wednesday 25 May 2022

Expressive Moss by Commodity

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


"Now that class is over, lets venture out into the woods, where the daily rain has made Moss grow."

The opening note of Moss is so juicy and ripe! It reminds me of so many well made citruses. Think Atelier Cologne. I love everything citrus, you know that.
Give me verveine, give me lemon, petitgrain, give me all that sour freshness!
To make it wearable and not smell like a bathroom air refreshener, is an art in itself.

Still just on paper, Moss goes from fresh bergamot to juicy grapefruit, like scratching the skin of a pink grapefruit sprinkled with some sugar. 

I expected Moss to be earthy, wet and crisp in its entirety, but it is a fresh, juicy, summer fragrance that reminds me of Falling Into the Sea by Imaginary Authors. So let's give this one a go on my skin!

~

Oh no... I do NOT have the funds to buy more than one Commodity fragrance! 
On skin, Moss is just perfectly sweet and fresh, just how I like 'em! The green notes are more prominent and rather than grapefruit and bergamot, petitgrain and orange blossom are at the forefront.

~

After dry down, I am more calm that Commodity fragrances won't be my ruin. Moss is still wonderful and a great citrus, green, fresh fragrance, but as the other Commodity fragrances, it has lightened up a whole lot and I need more charisma than this.

Another thing I might add is, very surprisingly, Moss is far more sweet and feminine on paper than on my skin. It is usually the other way around. On paper, Moss smells like a pink grapefruit lemonade, sparkling, sweet and zesty.
On my skin, it is far more green and aromatic. I am not strong with some notes that I haven't smelled individually, and oakmoss is one of them. I therefore don't know whether I smell this note in particular, but though I enjoy it, I am not wow'ed. 






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig