Monday 9 May 2022

Youth by Zarkoperfumes

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)

At first spray I smell coconut, pineapple and citrus. Youth by Zarkoperfume cannot be found on their own website (at the time that I am writing this review), it isn't on Fragrantica and searching for it, I only found it in a drugstore and only on that drugstores site could I find the composition too.

From what I gather, this is fairly new!

~

Zarkoperfumes are molecule perfumes, so you cannot take into account my experience, almost at all, because they are even more changeable and morphic with you chemistry and pH than 'regular' perfumes. They even change depending on weather, your hormonal cycle and so on (especially Molécule 234.38).

~

Youth is youthful! It smells wonderful, but it is definitely juvenile reminding me of summers as a young adult. First drinks at a bar, tasting daiquiris and staying all night on the beach with friends. 

After dry down, the citrus, pineapple and coconut note is gone, what stays, close to skin, is a fairly tropical sweetness.

~

Zarko, the creator of Zarkoperfumes says "a perfume is nothing without human skin" and I agree to an extent. Sometimes, a perfume is the most wonderful scent creating a peaceful and happy aura around me, but in contact with my skin, it loses its magic. However, in his world of molecular fragrances, the fragrances really do only shine when in contact with skin. The perfume will adapt and change for you and with you, making it very unique, which I love!

~

Youth, however, is faint and fleeting. I feel like it is lost on me. I would have loved to add this to my collection as I am in need of a new spring fragrance that is a little more fresh and fun. I am not sure whether I should keep it in my collection, but something about it is really fun and flirty, and the faintness is quite endearing for everyday wear.

Back to the actual notes, when reapplying it, I do get a peachy note that I found to be more pineapple-y before. The top notes are peach, pear, melon and green apple. Middle notes are jasmine, Bulgarian Otto rose, white florals and plum. Base notes are sandalwood, dream wood and a musk accord. I must say, that peach lingers after dry down and the fragrance becomes a close to skin warm musk. I do not get much of the other notes stated though. And luckily, no rose either.

~

Some hours in and the fragrance is an eau de fraiche at best, which is a shame, but I do sense a lovely fresh sweetness when searching for it, but it cannot be worth the price tag with this poor longevity on me.

What a shame!







Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig