Tuesday 31 May 2022

Santalum Slivers by Kerosene

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


With the tiniest amount of fragrance left in my sample, I won't be reviewing this one on paper, which I recently have been loving doing again, but alas, I won't waste any of my precious Kerosene.

~

Santalum Slivers, at the opening, is a juicy and ripe lime; tart and mouth watering, but the fragrance soon becomes a little greener.

Few houses make citrus fragrances like John Pegg. The lime in Santalum Slivers is just too realistic, it's beautiful!

I just decanted Remarkable People by Etat Libre d' Orange and have that lingering in my memory, both fragrances are fresh and aromatic, but RP becomes a little like teenage cologne and is somewhat sweeter, whereas Santalum Slivers remains a citrus bomb with aromatic notes from vetiver and a slight note of hay.

~

Even though the citruses stated are lemon, grapefruit, orange and bergamot, I smell lime. I could be persuaded to say bergamot, but the other citruses have far too much sweetness in them than is in Santalum Slivers. 

Though I like my citruses with a hint of sweetness, I have to say that Santalum Slivers is thee citrus fragrance out there. It is realistic, to the tee. This fragrance along with Falling Into the Sea are the creme de la creme of citrus perfumery.
As far as I have tried. Hands down, I bow in awe.

~

If you like your citruses with a sprinkle of sweetness, than go for Falling Into the Sea. If you like equally as sweet as tart, go for Davana & Vanille Bourbon from 100Bon. If you like your citruses with five cubes of sugar, than Unknown Pleasures is the right fragrance for you.






Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig