Wednesday 11 May 2022

Plein Soleil by Yves Rocher

Photosource: Scent Studio (own copyright)


Being in a rush this morning, I quickly sprayed on Plein Soleil. It's been on my to-try list for awhile and the sunny weather seemed very fitting.

On paper, Plein Soleil had a fresh citrus opening, but with a sweet subtle fig fruit note. Something unfamiliar gave the fragrance a depth that is quite nice.

On skin, the same citrus is at the opening, but the sweetness is much more prominent. Something about it is almost Amor Amor Cacharel-y, but not as pungent or as sweet. On that note, I find this fragrance reminding me of late teenage years and the fragrances I used to wear back then. That being including Amor Amor *flashbacks from high school appear*.

~

Plein Soleil is quite... Plain. A little too simple for me. And I must say that the notes stated are a complete surprise to me! 
I would have never guessed cardamom or sandalwood. Those notes being so familiar and characteristic, it's quite unbelievable that they are there... However, tuberose, on me, is definitely the main note and I don't get much else after dry down. To my surprise, no citrus is in the composition at all, according to Fragrantica.

~

I hate to use the word, but Plein Soleil is very generic. An inoffensive fragrance that anyone can make as a blind buy and find an occasion for, if you like tuberose, that is. It reminds me of so many fast fashion brand fragrances (think early Zara and some H&M). Pleased to have tried it, but forgettable.







Share:

No comments

© Scent Studio | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig